Mark Roberts wrote:

The latest LCD monitors are very good indeed as long as you avoid the
cheap ones (the TN - Twisted Nematic - type).
I went through considerable research before buying mine and collected
some information which I put on my web site:
http://www.robertstech.com/blog/?p=31

I recently had to replace my CRT and did the same research that Mark did, including using his web site as a jumping off point. I ended up with an HP LP2475W for around $600 refurbished (24" 1920x1200). A friend at work this week pointed me to an online add for them, again refurbished, for more like $300. It's an S-IPS monitor so it's better for photo work than the TN and PVA LCD technologies.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)