On 10/08/2009, Ken Waller <kwal...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

> On a trip to the left coast a few years ago, I was being chauffeured around
> by a young lawyer in a new Mercedes SUV. She had recently relocated to LA
> and was relying on the Nav system in her fine German auto.
>
> At one point the NAV system went kaput, no output at all. She was totally
> lost and had no paper map in the vehicle. Finally stopped in a gas station
> for directions back to my hotel!
>
> Nav system,,,,, I don't need no stinkin Nav system,,,,,,

Like all tools you have you know their limitations and strengths, only
then can you make them work for you. My in-car nav has the most
irritating habit of having to know the suburb before the street name
can be input. This of course is right royal PITA as many people don't
know the real name of the suburb they're in or alternately alter it to
make their location sound a little sweeter. Once bitten...

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours