----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Keeney"
Subject: Cropping & Printing - What Do You Do?

De-lurking for a question and/or opinion...

For the most part I crop most of my shots as 4x6 for basic printing
for myself and family.  Every now and then I take it up to 5x7 or even
8x10.  Now each of these has a different ratio so it's usually a
separate process for each shot (versus printing a 4x6 crop upsized to
8x10).  Am I making too much work out of something simple?

Sometimes for the web (and PUG) I might crop at a different ratio.  If
you do this and decide, "Hey, I want to print that" what do you do?
This question is more for those who don't print on their own printer,
but send it out.  Is there a process you follow that will print
something that isn't a standard size?

Many years of wedding photography taught me to shoot in such a way that I can just send the negative (now file) off to the lab and order whatever size of print I need.
I usually just send the full res files off and let the lab deal with it.

William Robb