I have 3 Epson photo quality printers, my answers are based on my experience with those three (Stylus Photo, Stylus Photo 2000P & Stylus Photo 220)

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Igor Roshchin" <s...@komkon.org>
Subject: OT - When is the cartridge empty in Epson printer?

Recently, my Epson R2880, started indicating that one of the cartridges
(light Cyan, if I remember correctly) is low.
The driver indicates basically 0 level, but the photos are coming
alreight so far.

So, I have a few questions for the happy owners of similar printers:
1. How can I reliably know when the cartridge is empty?

When the printer stops printing and you get an indication of no ink.

2. Will the printer stop printing or give me any other indication
that the cartridge is completely empty?

Not on any of mine.

3. Is there any danger of the printer head to run on totally empty
cartridge?

I've run all my printers out of ink all the time & have never had an issue.

BTW - the out of ink indications are not very accurate on my 3 printers - they will continue printing for quite awhile after I get the indication of out of ink.

Thank you,

Igor