P. J. Alling wrote:

  It will continue to print even if the ink is totally empty.

3. Is there any danger of the printer head to run on totally empty
cartridge?

None that I can think of.

Huh? on my r220 it will give me tons of warnings with ! on a yellow triangle but if any one is totally empty according
to the little graphic that pops up the printer won't print at all...
LIke Godders, I always try to stay one step ahead by having a whole set ready on the shelf...

But I definitely keep printing if it just says "low"-

ann