Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not a clue, Toine. I see what you're asking about but this is the very
> first time I get such a strap system. If you ask some time in the
> future, I might be able to tell you more though in the manual it is
> shown to use the little stripes of leather-like material while attaching
> the camera strap. This is what I've done. Looks oddly cool.

The only inconvenience I've noticed abut the new strap is that it tends
to get a lot more often into the way if the camera is on a tripod,
especially in portrait orientation, than it did with the sideways
attachments of the earlier models.

Other than that no probs with it. As far as the vulnerability of the
powder coating on the camera body goes, I'm keeping my fingers crossed
that there was something wrong with the coating on my first K-7.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com