George Sinos wrote:
I have to agree with Paul on this one.  The general advice in the
photo world is to turn off SR/VR/IS when the camera is supported or
when panning.  In reality, I've almost always forget to turn it off,
and haven't ever had an image degraded because of it.  Now, I just
leave it on and foget about it.  If I were to have a problem I would
shut it off. As with many things, I read the instructions and then do
what works.

When I got the K10D, I read those warnings, and I went out and did some tests. SR helped even with the panning shots, and even with panning shots done from the monopod, so I leave it on all the time. I may cause issues in some situations, but not in the ones for which I use the camera. Since I mostly shoot race cars on track, something above 50% of my photos are panned.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)