I think maybe your overlooking the fact that APS SLRs are
really retrofits of FF slrs and use the same size lens mounts,
registration etc as FF cameras. The bottom line is that FF
DSLRs and lenses are hardly much bigger than the APS DSLRs/lenses
for these reasons. If APS had been designed from scratch
the difference would be more significant.

For me, Image quaity trumps all. That's why people
spend big bucks for good lenses and are willing to
carry bulky lenses for better quality too. IQ is pretty
good now, but If I could get much better for a resonable
cost and size increase, I would certainly consider it.

Another factor is system cost. With FF you don't need
as good optics as you do for APS for same quality.
This could reduce the cost of lenses considerably
and that would have a large effect of reduction
of the totals system cost. FF system could cost
way less that APS system for same quality which always
would be welcome.

--
J.C. O'Connell (mailto:hifis...@gate.net)
Home Page - www.jchriso.com