I like the composition, including the tree branches.
However, I am not seeing that much of the old-new contrast in it.
The brick building does not look that old in this photo.

Manhattan has a few places where this contrast is more striking.
It's even stronger in Boston, near Newbury Street, Boston Commons,
Public Garden, Copley Place and around.

So, as far as I can tell the photo was taken from that small area
just south of Copper Union - between 7th St and Copper Square,
just East of the side of the 4th Ave.
Right?

It's an interesting area with a mixture of different buildings and
stores. There is(?) (was) an interesting Tibetan Restaurant on St Marks Pl,
or E. 9th.  There is also a nice wine store across the
street from this new building that you photographed - "Astor Wines"
with a very interesting selection of wines from around the world and
very reasonable prices.
Igor