From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Adam Maas
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:09 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Whats the difference(s) between the 50mm/1.4 F series and
FA series lenses?

I think some of it is that the FA is getting a rep for poor performance,
most likely due to degraded QC of late. I've seen some serious bitching
over at FM over the performance of FA50/1.4's produced since the Hoya
buyout. Samples were significantly inferior to the FA I had a couple
years ago. Thus the F would increase in value as it's less likely to be
a crapshoot on performance.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas