There's got to be more to it than that, Bill <g>  Should I use both
eyes, or just the one I use when focusing?  What if I wear glasses?  Is
the brightest part of the scene always brighter?  If there was no light,
would the scene still have a brighter part, and if so, how would I see
it?  Could I use a flashlight to find it?  Oh, wait, flashlights use
batteries - what if they are weak?  I much prefer a mechanical
flashlight, but manufacturers have stopped making them, and buying a
used one is risky as it may use hard to find parts.

Tom, in what must have been an attempt at sarcasm, asked:

> > Now tell me how I determine the brightest
> > part of the scene to want detail in.
> > Assume I am new at this.

To which Wheatfield Willie replied:

--