Charles Robinson wrote:

On Sep 18, 2009, at 9:45, John Graves wrote:

It seems that the Pentax kit is sold out, at least those under $60. But here is an interesting web site I found in my search.

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/

Based on what the sites says, I would tend to buy a package of Pec Pads and a bottle of Eclipse E2 fluid. Has anyone had any experience with any of the other than Pentax kits? So far I have been able to blow the few dust bits off the sensor. I am also sure my day will come.

I've been using the "Pec Pads" and E2 with fair success.

The new "E2" fluid is a lot less volatile than the E1 fluid - takes a long time to evaporate, which can be a bit unnerving.

It works fine. I paid $45 or so for the kit and it's lasted me a few years already (and should last another 10-20 at the rate I'm using it). Takes a bit of practice, but it's not impossible.

I would be interested to see the "ICK" in action - might be easier since there is no danger of over-wetting anything!

I've been using both the Eclipse/PecPad and the ICK1. The ICK1 is a lot easier to use, and makes you confident of not damaging anything. The wet approach could be the only successful solution in case of oily stains or halos, such as fingerprints.
I keep my Eclipse/PecPad kit ready in the cabinet, just in case...

Dario