I don't know, I think he's attempting to be self mocking but based on everything else he's written, who can tell...

eckinator wrote:
This calls for www.leicamanfacts.com ...
Cheers
Ecke

2009/9/19 Bob W <p...@web-options.com>:
Everybody's favourite camera reviewer has written an extremely amusing
review of the Leica M9:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/leica/m9.htm

With the zeal of the convert he writes

"The Leica photographer is always the master of his own light; he has no
need for the [...] tricks of lesser cameras."

"Leica follows my recommendation not to use Adobe RGB [...]"

"Image Stabilization
The Leica man knows how to hold his camera. He is never flustered, no matter
what may be going on around him."

"The LEICA's image stabilization comes from the quiet, unflappable
confidence inherent in every Leica photographer."

"Thank goodness, the M9 has no mode to put moving images up on the rear LCD
as you shoot. This would be inconceivably stupid for the LEICA photographer,
even if popular with lesser men"

"The Leica man is always a participant, never a spectator. In Cannes, he
uses his M9 to snap photos as he or his friends accept the distinction of
the Palme d'Or"

"When you shoot the LEICA, you know your photos are perfect. The Leica man
never wastes his shooting time looking back at what he just shot; his eyes
are always looking for his next great photo"

"The Leica man doesn't care to view his images on-camera. He more often sees
his images on the walls of the Guggenheim, MoMA or the Whitney. While out
and about, the Leica photographer sees his own work on the front covers of
magazines, billboards and on album covers. Why would he bother looking at a
little LCD?"

"Weather sealing: none. If the Leica man needs photos from unpleasant
locations, he has someone go there for him."

"The LEICA is a tool used by the world's greatest photographers. It is not a
video game that shoots movies, records sound or makes phone calls"

"Thank goodness I never bothered to have any of my classic LEICA lenses
butchered by hacking them with the old 6-bit code from the M8 days!"

And finally:

"Since I started shooting Leica optics at the end of 2008 [...]"

"When my LEICA M9 arrives [...]"

The free man owns himself. He can damage himself with either eating or
drinking; he can ruin himself with gambling. If he does he is certainly a damn
fool, and he might possibly be a damned soul; but if he may not, he is not a
free man any more than a dog.

        --G. K. Chesterton