Bob,

What you say makes sense.  It make the LX more versatile than many
other cameras.  It still doesn't make the usage of the center weighted
only meter any better than other bodies.  There are many on the list
who seem to continually refer to the metering capability as something
godlike.  I feel like the kid who said "The emporer has no clothes!"
For those who need and utilize the many finders and unusual focusing
screens (by unusual I mean types that other cameras don't have
available), I can see the LX being the proper camera, but a center
weighted only meter in general is nothing special.  Please bear in
mind that I am not slamming the whole camera, merely stating the
observation that I read repeatedly, about this wonderful meter (as the
feature - not the versatility of finders) that doesn't seem all that
special to me.

On a side note - I found it odd that each year, Pop Photograhpy does a
camera roundup where they list the main models of each maker.  The LX
has not been shown for a very long time, even though it could still be
purchased new, when the Olympus OM-3,4 and Contax RTSII have always
been featured.  One wonders if there is a reason for that.

Bruce Dayton