Aaron,

I think the reason I asked the question like that is I keep hearing
members of the list talk about the meter in situations that aren't
related to low light sensitivity or metering OTF - In normal lighting.
So I have been trying to find out if I have been deprived all these
years.  The low light sensitivity isn't an area where I would really
benefit right now, but I wanted to know if my MZ-S's or my old PZ-1p's
weren't going to meter as well center weighted as the LX (normal
lighting - SS faster than 1/15).  I don't know if this is making sense
or not.

When I held the LX and fiddled with it, I didn't get any wonderful
feeling like "Oh, I've got to get me one of these!"  I didn't
particularly care for the meter display method and just didn't get the
excitement that many have talked about.  I know, I know, it's just me.
I have been aware of the OTF capability from way back when the Olympus
OM-2 came out, but that isn't an area where I really work much.  But
when people talk about the wonderful meter and they are *not* talking
about the low light stuff, that IS an area that I am interested in.

Until Mike Johnston stated that many camera meters are not very
reliable and accurate, I felt that the bodies I have and have used did
just fine with center weighted metering.  So I am just trying to find
out under what conditions (other than low light) my MZ-S's will fail
me and an LX would not.  Make sense?

Thanks,

Bruce Dayton