Francis,
   If you can find an older K 28mm f3.5 (52mm front filter size), that has the best
reputation and could cost $35-$65 because it looks old and obsolete (manual focus).
The optics are great.  I would not buy the M28/2.8 or settle for a M28/3.5 (49mm
filter & manual focus).
   If you are able to spend $300+, you won't find a better wide angle lens than the FA
24mm f2.0.
Regards,  Bob S.