KR has quite a good sense of humour and he's right about quite few things
although he doesn't always write well enough for his message to be clear. If
you interpret his article as saying you don't need to know about colour
management, I think he's basically correct. From camera to computer to
printer / screen you don't need to do any manual colour management if
everything uses profiles. You don't even need to calibrate your monitor if
you trust the profiles.

Here's an example of his humour:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/wife.htm

Bob