Bob W wrote:
you interpret his article as saying you don't need to know about colour
management, I think he's basically correct. From camera to computer to
printer / screen you don't need to do any manual colour management if
everything uses profiles. You don't even need to calibrate your monitor if
you trust the profiles.

For the majority of photogs, especially snap shooters, I'd largely agree with you ... assuming gear that has profiles, that are installed and properly configured for use. On Windows, that's not necessarily going to happen without conscious action by the installer/operator.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)