You too are right Paul.

JCO... talking to you. Damn... you have a tendency to express yourself
in very strong absolute terms which are misread my many.
Understanding that, I totally agree with what you trying to express
regarding the way analog music played on analog gear sounds.  I was
totally blown away by what I heard on a 25 year old 40W/channel eBay
amp ($31), a 25 year old set of speakers ($100), and a refurbished TT
+ cartridge ($425... I bet it can be had for far less, if careful, but
I was insistent on a pristine example).

We probably need to stop arguing the point and accept that everyone
enjoys music on whatever media and format they hear it. :)

Tom