Boris Liberman escribió:

There is another Sigma lens, one which I would buy in an instant if I
find a good sample - AF 24/2.8 Macro II. I had this one borrowed from
a friend. Wonderful optic. Read somewhere that it was either
co-developed or co-produced or co-something with Leica. As sharp as A
24/2.8, slightly more prone to flare, good bokeh and AF. Just as small
and light (52 mm filter diameter). On digital it would make close to
ideal street shooter's autofocus lens of angle of view of 36 mm with
DOF of 24 mm lens.

I have one of those and your words describe it very accurately. It is a gem of a lens, pity it doesn't have the improved anti reflection coatings of the EX series lenses. I had a Pentax FA* 24 mm. 2.0 which I liked a lot on film, less on the digital bodies and finally sold it. The FA* has many virtues: it is fast, well built, focuses fast and it is very contrasty. On the other hand, it shows red-green CA, easily correctable in post processing though.

I also have a Sigma EX 28 mm. 1.8 which I like a lot, except for its weight and bulk.

Carlos