On 12/11/2009 7:32 AM, Bob Sullivan wrote:
You can't imagine how PISSED OFF I am at AT&T right now.
What a sorry bunch of SOB's the phone guys are.
So this is the venerable AT&T, formerly known as American Telephone
and Telegraph.  This is their off shore customer service - not much of
an effort from my perspective.  And these are the same people who are
soliciting me by mail every week to sign my household up for U-verse
digital TV offering.  I would encourage all of you to boycott that
service!

Bob S.  (Surfing via a neighbor's unsecured wireless system)

Bob, if it is any consolation, all local service providers, be it cable TV, phone/DSL, ISP, cell phone aren't any better. The wait times and complexity of phone support labyrinth until you get to talk a human being is probably less, but the quality of service is not. Most unfortunate here is that switching the provider will not make any good and the choices are all quite limited - we're a small country after all.

Boris