No ceding it to Canada.  Illinois has been partitioned into two
separate duchies.  First, the Duchie of Dailey, lead by the right
honorable and heriditary heir to the thrown, Mayor Richard J Daley.
The second is the Duchie of Blago.  It incorporates the remainder of
Illinois outside the city and suburbs and is lead by that prince of
men, former governor Rod Blagojevich.  Their moto is 'Whatever we can
steal is good!'
Regards,  Bob S.