On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:15 -0500, "P. J. Alling"
<webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The winter doldrums are approaching and the fact that Pentax has finally
> given us a couple of camera bodies that, (with /appropriately/ lowered
> expectations), seem to be what most of us want, the of the discussion of
> future developments has stopped.
>
> Ok, I know that DPreview, Pentax Forums and others have such discussion
> but they're just silly...
>
> I for one miss those halcyon days of just a few months ago.

Well, it's summer doldrums down here but I get your point....

I think that DSLR development has reached the point where incremental
gains in performance are relatively small, so upgrading becomes a matter
of trying to justify the expense when the current camera is 'good
enough'.

I my case, the K200D does pretty much everything I want, so I probably
wont upgrade until a camera comes along with similar features but with a
better high ISO performance and a sensor with a few more MP of
resolution. (Oh, wait.  Isn't that the K-x?....)

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia