From: "William Robb"
Link: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/index.cfm

I did not know that.

If true, that would make PETA hypocritical scumbags, wouldn't it?

I think it would, but this is not to imply that I (or you) are
calling them hypocritical scumbags, only that it would be our shared
opinion, if in fact it is true.

It came out as evidence introduced in a trial of two PETA employees
apprehended disposing of carcasses in a shopping center dumpster in
Ahoskie, NC. There was regular dumping going on every Wednesday, and the
shopping center management complained to the police, who staked out the
dumpster.

http://www.filadog.com/html%20docs/peta_possibly_involved_with_dead.htm

AHOSKIE - A month-long investigation into animal cruelty has resulted
in a pair of arrests, individuals possibly linked with PETA (People
for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).

On Wednesday, Andrew Benjamin Cook, 24, of 504 Tree Top Street,
Virginia Beach, Va. and Adria Joy Hinkle, 27, of 1602 Claremont Ave.,
Norfolk, Va. were each charged with 31 felony counts of animal
cruelty and eight misdemeanor counts each of illegal disposal of dead
animals.

Both were transported to the Hertford County jail, each under a
$35,500 secured bond.

Ahoskie Police Chief Troy Fitzhugh said Cook and Hinkle posted bond
prior to incarceration.

"We've been investigating animal cruelty and illegal disposal of dead
animals within our city for the last four weeks," Fitzhugh said. "Our
investigators determined that these incidents were occurring every
Wednesday for approximately one month."

Yesterday (Wednesday) law enforcement officials with the Ahoskie
Police and Bertie County Sheriff's Office were able to observe a
white panel van drive next to the commercial dumpster located behind
Piggly Wiggly in Newmarket Shopping Center. A person in the van
tossed several dark-colored bags in the dumpster before the van
attempted to pull away.

At that time, a traffic stop was initiated on the van - a vehicle
occupied by Cook and Hinkle.

The bags located in the dumpster contained 18 dead dogs, including
one bag containing seven puppies. An additional 13 dead dogs were
found in the van.

A license check revealed the van was registered to PETA in Norfolk,
Va.

http://www.ncraoa.com/articles/AR/PETA%20Trial%20Opens%20in%20Animal%20Deaths.pdf

http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAarrest2.htm

Apparently this included obtaining animals from county animal shelters
ostensibly for adoption and then killing them.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/jun/21/20050621-115255-8184r/

http://hamptonroads.com/node/220501

The PETA employees were acquitted of the felony charges, and convicted
of the misdemeanor charges for improper disposal of the dead animals.

PETA continues to kill companion animals that fall into their hands,
setting a new record in 2008, though I do not think they are still able
to obtain animals from county shelters.

Could be I was wrong; maybe they ARE the biggest hypocrites.