Seen on a T-Shirt:

"Plants have feelings too!"

On 12/16/2009 11:55 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: frank theriault
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a very sensitive person and 1st noticed plant auras some time ago.
> Recently, plants have begun to talk to me.
> They are very sad about the murder of their fellow plants.
> So I'm gonna start a new group to stop the wanton destruction and
> consumption of plants.
> Come on folks, we've got to stop abusing the plants!
> Regards, Bob S.
> (I can't stand to drive thru the corn fields of Iowa as harvest time nears.
> The despair from the plants is overwhelming. ?Very sad indeed.)

Again, I know you're being tongue in cheek, but believe it or not,
there are "fruitarians".  They only eat those parts of plants that the
plant "wants" us to eat - seed-bearing fruits.  By eating them, we
actually assist the plants in spreading their seeds and thus
propagating the species.

Fruitarians don't eat anything that would harm the plant, so root
vegetables are right out, as are leafy greens, etc.

I think that's going a bit far, though...

I did know someone, years ago before all the vegetarians became vegans, who claimed he'd become a vegetarian not for the love of animals, but because he hated plants.