John Francis wrote:
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 04:40:30PM -0800, Joseph McAllister wrote:
Since I have gotten no email addressed to me from anyone I know for several years through my email account at AOL, I am rescinding my right to that user name, as soon as someone from AOL pays attention to my attempts to do so.

They won't give it out to anyone else.  They won't even give it back
to you should you ever rejoin them (ask Marnie about that behaviour).

We have started a new screen name recycling program that will allow users to use discarded names. There are caveats however. Something simple like "christ...@aol.com" would be such a spam magnet that it would be unusable. cskoftel...@aol.com would be fine. Of course that's mine and no one is gonna get it. :-)

--

Christian
http://404mohawknotfound.blogspot.com/