From: Mark Roberts
Brian Walters wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:30 +0000, "Cotty" <cotty...@mac.com> wrote:
>> On 17/12/09, Brian Walters, discombobulated, unleashed:
>>
>> >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/album-firefighting/index.html
>> can land, switch off, take off again, do a 360, and land, all on the
>> momentum of the rotors.
>
>How do you know these things....????!!!!

Well, he doesn't know the proper name of the helicopter: It's "UH-1"
not "HU1"

Prior to 1961 it was HU (Helicopter, Utility) before the category was re-designated UH (Utility Helicopter).

I think the Brits and some other NATO allies still use HU as the class designator. ANZAC military might still use HU as well.