Frank,

I get pissed when the same group of pdml'ers start beating the drums
again about what a bad lot we are over here in N. America.  I'm tired
of the "I'm right / We're superior" attitude that comes along with the
posts.  You're not doing it, but I get it from others.

As to proof of Graydon's comments, I drive across Illinois and Iowa
regularly.  This is some of the richest farmland in the world and I
see it carefully manicured to produce corn or soybeans or other crops.
 This isn't a patch here or there, it's 500 miles of re-purposed lands
standing shoulder to shoulder along the highway for a day's drive.
When the Graydon says look a bit further into the system and see what
the consequences have been, it's an arguement I have seen before and
something I've seen people overlook before.

We're meat eaters Frank.  If you don't want to, that's OK.  But quit
denying your heitage and the system that got you here.

As I sit typing this, the hawk is 10 feet out of my back window
chasing a squirrel he wants to eat.  Is he wrong?

Regards, Bob S.