From: frank theriault
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Christian <christ...@skofteland.net> wrote:
> frank theriault wrote:
>

>> http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.com/2009/12/protesters.html
>>

> love the leather shoes....  :-)  (duck, cover, flame-retardant suit: ON!)

Maybe they're "pleather"?

Seriously, when I went vegan, a vegan acquaintance of mine asked, "So
when are you having your leather-disposal party?"  She got quite upset
when I told her that I wasn't having one.

My attitude is that having already bought leather products, it would
be wasteful to dispose of them before they're worn out, to buy
replacement items derived from non-animal sources.  As my leather
items wear out, their replacements will be made from cruelty-free
resources.

I think that's responsible, and so do many other vegans and
animal-welfare advocates.

So, where does wool rate in all this? One could reasonably argue running around without their sweaters doesn't improve a sheep's health.