I have to add that most policeman are great people and doing things that at times are scary as hell. They are well trained and will give you the shirt off their backs if the circumstances call for it. Mall cops are not policemen, although they could be wannabes. The really scary thing is that they are licensed to carry a firearm. They have little of the training, very little of the experience and at Holiday time are probably overworked as well. That is not to excuse the paranoia that a lot of people have or the exaggerated sense of their rights. Pushing back in either case is not going to win anything. A coupla deep breaths and a calm explanation probably gets you more, regardless of who is doing the stopping.

My two and a half cents.

John Graves
WA1JG
jh.gra...@verizon.net

Bob Sullivan wrote:
Cool and light snow in Chicago, but the East Coast is getting hit with
a big storm.
Chicago's football team had a mechanical delay on their flight to
Baltimore yesterday.
The airport closed them out.  They are going to try again today for
Sunday's game.

Here's a shot from this morning's outing...
http://picasaweb.google.com/rf.sullivan/Autumn09#5416979935099232594

Regards,  Bob S.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 9:37 AM, frank theriault