On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 9:27 AM,  <eactiv...@aol.com> wrote:
> Yes, just when you thought it would never happen, after years of  waiting,
> they are finally here!!!
>
> Act fast to download your FREE  Lightroom (Limited Edition) PDML Presets!!!
>
> _http://www.mapphotography.com/PDMLPresets/pdml.htm_
> (http://www.mapphotography.com/PDMLPresets/pdml.htm)
>

> Marnie aka Doe ;-) Just a little holiday/new year giftie for PDML. (Of
> course, it is sort of a gag  gift.)

How come I'm not gagging? ]'-)

LOL ... they're great, Marnie! Very nicely laid out page, better than
three-quarters of the 'free preset download' pages I've seen at least,
and the descriptions you wrote are both flattering and very amusing!
:-) Thank you!

For those who don't know how to install LR presets, the easy way to do
it for sets like this is very simple. Unzipping Marnie's download file
will create a folder called "PDML Presets" which contains all the
.LRTEMPLATE files she created.

Now ... In the "Lightroom Preferences" on the "Presets" tab panel,
there is an option to "Store Presets with Catalog" which is off by
default.

- If this option is unchecked, presets for all catalogs are stored in
a centralized location so all catalogs share them. Clicking the button
right next to that checkbox option will open this centralized
'Lightroom Presets Folder' in Windows Explorer or the Mac OS X Finder.
Drag and drop the "PDML Presets" folder into the "Develop Presets"
folder. Quit and restart Lightroom, all the presets will show up in
the Develop module's Presets panel in a folder named, ta da, "PDML
Presets".

- If the 'Store Presets with Catalog' option is checked, Lightroom is
storing presets alongside the .LRCAT file in the catalog's folder, and
user-defined presets are available on a catalog specific basis. To get
to them easily, open Lightroom's "Catalog Settings"  and click the
General tab. Click the 'Show' button to the right of the catalog
Location pathname. Lightroom will open up a Windows Explorer or Finder
window with the catalog folder selected. Double click that and inside
you will see a folder named "Lightroom Settings". Drag and drop the
"PDML Presets" folder into the subfolder "Develop Presets" inside
"Lightroom Settings". Then quit and restart Lightroom.

You can also import the presets from within Lightroom:

- Unzip the download file so that the folder it creates will be
findable somewhere (like Desktop on Mac OS X).
- Go to the Develop module
- Control- or right-click in the Presets panel and choose 'New
Folder'. Name it "PDML Presets" and click OK.
- Control- or right-click on the "PDML Presets" folder you just
created and choose "Import ..."
- A dialog comes up. Pilot your way to the "PDML Presets" folder,
select all the template files (on Mac OS X, click on the first,
shift-click on the last ... I presume something similar on Windows),
and click the OK button.
- All the templates will be loaded into the PDML Presets folder in the
Develop module Presets panel.

I tried them out on a couple of exposures so far ... some interesting
treatments.
But I think y'all are going have to work to really get the full flavor
of "Mark Blue" to do what Mark does ... ];-)

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com