That could be due to the "micro contrast enhancement" trick I use on most of my photos for web display. I do find that if the image isn't clean to begin with no amount of tricks will make it look a lot better.

On 1/2/2010 4:38 PM, Jack Davis wrote:
Don't recall your earlier post, but this is an especially "clean"
rendering.

Jack

--- On Sat, 1/2/10, P. J. Alling<webstertwenty...@gmail.com>  wrote:

From: P. J. Alling<webstertwenty...@gmail.com>
Subject: PESO -- Surf Club, Madison, Connecticut
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 12:23 PM
So yes, this is sort of a
rerun.  Originally shot in 2005 with my *ist-D.  A
brand new conversion with "Pentax's Digital Camera Utility
4", the interface is mostly livable, and it runs on my OS of
choice, not officially but it runs there anyway.

I didn't have a lot of inspiration last year and I'm
thinking of submitting this to the annual.  A lot of
people seemed to think this was an exceptional work at the
time.  So unless I can find something I like better...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1604247/PESO/PESO%20--%20surfclubmadisonct.html

Equipment:  Pentax *ist-D w/smc Pentax FA 20-35mm
f4.0.

Notes:  Some minor correction for barrel distortion in
PDCU4, and a bit of perspective correction in Photoshop.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0
Courier New;}}

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link
directly above and follow the directions.