It depends on the relevant "memory" menu setting.
Dario

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Sullivan" <rf.sulli...@gmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 7:14 PM
Subject: Re: Shot Counter

No, I think it's any number you start with.
That's how I remember it working on the K-10.
Regards,  Bob S.

On 2010-01-07 08:20 , Bob Sullivan wrote:

Jack,
Take the memory card you had in the camera before you sent it for
repair. Put it back in camera. The next shot should have the next
number in the sequence and the camera will be back to normal.

don't you have to force it to roll over first (beyond 9999 to 0001)?

follow the directions.