Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Sessoms" <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: OT - how to guarantee you luggage won't be lost

From: "Ken Waller"
From: "Igor Roshchin"

> I found this great idea.
> How to guarantee your luggage won't be lost? pack a pistol.
> You don't even need a real firearm.
>
> http://bakadesuyo.com/how-to-guarantee-your-luggage-wont-be-lost-or

Sounds good but from experience, I know that any lock can be opened by the TSA - so much for security !

I thought the extra security came because the TSA knows there's a "weapon" in the bag, lock it for you and keep careful track of it.

Seems a little tongue in cheekish to me. Just because TSA is going to make sure they know exactly where your bag is doesn't mean the airline will actually manage to get it on the plane with you.

Also doesn't mean someone @ TSA wouldn't steal from the locked container - a neat way to get a weapon.

But, the TSA will know WHERE your bag got misrouted to.

Reminds me of a joke about checked baggage I heard comedian Alan King tell on the Tonight Show years ago. He said something like "I flew into LA, but my baggage got a week's vacation in Hawaii."