On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Patrick White wrote:
>       My pick is CD-Rs with JPEGs on them.  Some CD-Rs are touted at surviving
> 100 years (?) under ideal storage conditions, so they meet media longevity.

I don't trust such numbers, especially considering CDR has only been
around for what, five years? :)

> browsers, which all read JPEG format images, that format seems the best

Ideally, you might want to NOT use jpeg, though, since it is technically a
lossy format. Wouldn't TIFF or something be better?

--
http://www.infotainment.org
         "The destructive character is cheerful."  - Walter Benjamin