On Jan 17, 2010, at 5:36 PM, eckinator wrote:

> 2010/1/17 P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> So can we stop it?  More importantly does it make sense to even try?  I've
>> never seen an analysis of either of those questions that didn't depend on
>> unicorn dust...
>
> that question in itself requires an extremely well polished crystall
> ball all made of molten unicorn dust... how about why would it not
> make sense to even try... even if all that comes of it is that some
> future generation will last a few years longer, why even consider the
> option to deny them that extra time?

Trying is a good thing, as long as it doesn't cripple the economy and extend
the recession. And we are trying. I expect to see at least 10% of the US
vehicle fleet going electric within ten years. And clean, sustainable energy
projects are in the works across the US. Why? Because the market is responding
to a need. That's the way it should work, and it is working.
Paul