My =only= two-wheeled ride is a 1974 Raleigh Super Course.  It is heavy by
modern standards (28 lb/13 kg), but has performed nobly through many years of
urban commuting and recreational riding, and rides and handles very nicely.
The only parts that aren't original are tires (of course), brake shoes, shifter
and brake cables, pedals, the front derailleur, and a spring in the rear
derailleur.

Heck, yes, fix it up!

Rick

http://photo.net/photos/RickW