On 1/25/2010 11:44 AM, Derby Chang wrote:
So.....when did it first click for you?

When I was a kid, one of my mother's uncles used to do the photography. It was usually rather long process whereas he would position me, take readings (now I realize it was a light meter), fiddle with his camera (to the best of my memory it was one of the Soviet Leica clones) and finally take a picture. Then of course, we all had to wait until the processing was done etc.

But honestly, I am a geek, so that when my parents bought me the simplest camera (I think it was Smena 8m) I fiddled with it as a geek-to-be. Then after the school came Zenit ET and the rest is history.

I cannot recall a moment when it clicked and I knew that I wanted to take pictures purposefully. I kind of slid along the way.

Boris