David J Brooks wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com> wrote:
>
>> The only people still running version 6 of IE are those who have no
>> choice because it's on their computers at work and their employers
>> built in-house web applications that won't run on later versions.
>
>I have IE 6, but it sits on my screen as an unused, unloved icon, as it should.
>Firefox has stolen my heart and the cops said my wallet to.

Because I used to teach web design (not any more - yay!) I have some
freeware called "MultipleIE" that lets me install several versions of
Internet Explorer on one machine. If you design web pages or have a
web site of your own it's an unfortunate fact of life that you need to
know what it looks like on many different browsers.

I draw the line at IE 6, though: My pages offer basic support for 6
but users of IE 5.5 and earlier are on their own!

Here are the stats for my site during January 2010:
IE 8 - 51,187 hits
IE 7 - 49,173
IE 6 - 27,593
5.5 & earlier - less than 1000