Dario

FWIW, last fall I ordered a PDML annual for a friend in another city. Never got to see it and the friend had no issues with the quality. A few weeks later Blurb contacted me and advised as they had a recent run of books that were found to have some defects (undefined in the email) and that I would be given credit for the cost of the book, good for another book. They didn't want the questionable book returned.

Pretty good way to handle an issue such as that IMO.

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dario Bonazza" <dario.bona...@virgilio.it>

Subject: Blurb quality issues

Hi all,

Someone is aware that I've published one book or three with Blurb. While the first proof was overall good, the additional copies I've ordered show two well-visible problems: - Broad halftone screen on pages, so that you can spot a screen on midtone parts of pictures and gray background as well. - White-spot thin parallel vertical lines on the pictures (look like sort of transport carriage touching not-yet-dried ink), so much visible on black portions of images, especially on the left (even) pages.
See here:
www.dariobonazza.com/public/QualityIssues.jpg

The very bad news is that about 20 books, from four different orders (all of them printed in the Netherlands) show such problems to some extent and NO BOOK is free from such flaws (except the first one, intended by me as a proof).

Blurb offered to reprint them, but I'm afraid to get more badly printed books. Has anyone experienced such problems? Is there another, reliable, book sourcing company you can suggest instead of Blurb?

Cheers,

Dario