----- Original Message ----- From: "Dario Bonazza"
Subject: Re: Less than a month to wait...

For that reason, I understand at the beginning the 645D will be available in the Japanese home market only. Then I guess they are going to start setting up a worldwide service net, based on the success of the camera.

This sounds like a Catch 22.

I don't think so. Based on the success of the camera in Japan (where they can service it properly from the start), they can figure out if/how to sell and service it worldwide.

If they haven't figured out how to well and service a camera on the world market yet, I'm thinking this isn't the one to start with. Note to Pentax: Try to figure out how to service those SDM lenses so that they keep working. Perhaps figure this out before you sell them to unsuspecting customers.

William Robb