----- Original Message ----- From: "John Francis"
Subject: Re: Less than a month to wait...

No pro can afford to buy a camera that isn't backed by pro-level
service.

So no pro has bought a Pentax for the last quarter of a century.

You aren't too far off.
Actually, Pentax did fairly well supporting their medium format cameras, as they (especially the 6x7) were used by pros. It was the 35mm market that they never supported with much in the way of pro level service.
I had all three of my LX bodies in the shop at one time around 1999 or so.
This was when the camera was still current.
They actually tried to tell me that one of them wasn't repairable because of parts inavailability.
They also tried that game with my A50/1.2 when it lost it's A contact.

Now, if they have closed their European service facilities, it might be very difficult to get pro level service, since the service guys have more accepted pro brands to deal with.

William Robb