On 2010-02-16 23:39, Brian Walters wrote:

OK.  I have no explanation as to why the USB hub caused all of the other
USB ports to malfunction, but I don't care!.  I don't need the hub, the
system is now working and ..... my computer no longer sucks!!

You know, now that you mention it, I had a similar problem several years ago. I had a cheap-o General Electric brand USB hub. If that hub was attached to the computer, the computer wouldn't boot at all. It just hung when the BIOS scanned the USB buses. I'm sorry I didn't remember that to mention it to you earlier.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)