Well I generally occur with P.J.

Back when I was using it on film, 8+ years ago, not having the
experience I do now, I thought it was OK-to-pretty good.  But even
then I started scanning my film and having a bit more control.

On a DSLR, I hate mounting it as opposed to a prime, but given the
versatility, I have little to no complaints, especially given that I
can sharpen an image in Photoshop at will. I doubt that anyone could
tell that an image was taken with this lens compared to any other.

Frankly I'd say you would get better than average results for a less
than average price, and that makes it overall positive.

Since my newly purchased DA 18-250 turned out to be a lemon, I look
with chagrin on it's purchase and feel the 28-200 purchased in '98 for
a lesser price, was a better expenditure of funds.

Tom C.