John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

>Is that the re-branded Tamron lens? I've got the Tamron version and I've
>never been satisfied with it.

Yep, it's a Tamron. I had one and it was OK at wider focal lengths but
not very good at longer ones. Stopped down and at 28mm it was quite
decent. I remember showing Mike Johnston one of my B&W prints made
with this lens (and an ME Super)at 28mm and f/8 and enjoying his
surprise when I told him what lens I used. He thought for a moment and
said, "Well, most lenses are pretty good at f/8!"

OTOH: He wouldn't have been impressed with anything at 100mm or more,
no matter what the aperture.