On Feb 25, 2010, at 8:53 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

> On 26/02/2010, paul stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> You tell it like you see it. That's not necessarily 'like it is," so
>> frequently a little balance is called for. But that's okay.
>
> The K-x has the best low light capabilities of any Pentax camera to
> date,

I agree. That doesn't necessarily make it the best option. Far from it.

> it's not just me, there's a chorus of very satisfied Pentax K-x
> owners, many of which also own the K7 as a point of comparison. I'm
> sure that the K7 suites your needs, you've said it yourself many times
> but that doesn't mean that it's the best option.

It does for me. And my evaluation is personal, just like yours.

>> I don't like multipoint autofocus either, but I do want to be able to choose
>> the single point that I use. I'm not willling to go back to point and shoot
>> style autofocus. One point in the center is in the wrong place 90% of the
>> time.
>
> I'm not sure what the big deal is here, the K-x has no AF position
> indicators in the finder, you can still select the AF position as it's
> indicated on the rear panel instead.

But you can't locate it in the viewfinder. It's hit and miss.

> There is 5 or 11 point auto AF,
> centre point AF or manual selection of 1 of the 11 AF points. Plus the
> AF is faster than the K20D and anecdotal reports that it's at least as
> fast as the K7.

The K7 autofocus is far faster than the K20D. I would be surprised if the Kx
could match it.

> The K-x is quite a deal really and compliments either the K20D or K7 quite
> well.

That's true. I wouldn't mind having one for the occasional low-light foray. In
fact, I've considered selling my k20 and making the KX my second camera.
Paul