From: John Francis
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 03:08:43PM +1000, Tanya Love wrote:

Hi everyone,

I?d love to hear your suggestions for the best wide angle lens I
can get my hands on to shoot interiors.  I need it to be as fast
as possible, and if it is a zoom, I need constant aperture
through-out.  Many of the interiors (babies nurseries) that I am
shooting are required to be shot using only available light, so
this is why the faster, the better.  And, able to give the best
resolution as possible.

I will be using it on the K-7.  It doesn?t have to be a Pentax
lens, I just want good glass, good price and as wide as possible.
Wide angle zooms are ok, although I know that it is rare to find
one as optically good as the prime equivalents.

For non-Pentax glass the Sigma 10-20 seems to gather favourable
press.

You might also consider the Sigma 20f/1.8. Someone on the list has one and is using it to good effect. It's one of their DG series, i.e. full-frame digital ... just in case whatever the future holds for Pentax.

Older versions of the Sigma 10-20 are not constant aperture. Apparently the older 10-20f/4-5.6 is still available for about $200 (USD) less than the newer f/3.5 constant aperture version.

A lot of photographers bad-mouth Sigma lenses, but I'm only disappointed with one of the Sigma lenses I have, the 50-500 and in all honesty the only reason I'm disappointed with it is it's not a 600f/4.