2010/2/26 paul stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>:

> Another solution I've employed is shooting two vertical frames with the DA*
> 16-50/2.8 at 16mm and marrying them in PhotoShop or PT Gui. This gives you a
> very wide angle view and minimal distortion. I usually shoot those at f13 for
> interiors. Off a tripod of course. Here's a link to one shot done that way:
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9074706&size=lg

there is a neat and moderately cheap tool for that by PT4Pano IIRC, if
you're interested, I can look it up. It is an angled piece of metal
that you put on your tripod with holes drilled specifically for your
camera and a couple of nodal points for lenses that you specify. It
eliminates all the time consuming fiddling and you can start shooting
single line, single row panos within seconds or minutes depending
whether or not you want to level your kit (which I strongly suggest)

Here's the link: http://pt4pano.com/en
The product family I am referring to is the KISS
There is also now a Q mount adaptor, Novoflex's implementation of the
Arca mount. Q is just a tad bit bigger for patent reasons but - given
generous tolerances on the receiving end - Q plates fit most Arca
compatible QR systems just fine. There are tables on the web what fits
and what doesn't. Kirk, Markins and RRS all fit into Q bases, I can
confirm that much.

Cheers
Ecke