On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Doug Franklin
<jehosep...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> On 2010-03-12 22:34, paul stenquist wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't be happy without printing from time to time. [...]
>> To me, printing is an essential part of the process and the
>> only way in which one can fully appreciate a photo.
>
> While I, personally, agree with you, I've known quite a few amateur
> photographers who laid out a boatload of cash for a really nice printer and
> ended up using it for a couple of prints a year.  For my purposes, I have an
> old Epson 820 for proofs, but that's it.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> DougF (KG4LMZ)

Interestingly, the primary use of my R2400 is printing text. It's
currently saving my boatloads in ink costs that way. Being in
University (an odd experience in your 30's btw), I print a LOT for
school. But I get 2-3x as many pages per cartridge as I did from my
cheap printers.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca