[...]
> Of course, it is not cut and dry, and of course it would
> never happen, but I wish that it would.  So much would rely
> on the systems put in place and making sure that the
> "assessment" is reasonable and measurable and
> non-discriminatory in nature, but wow, the suffering that it
> could potentially prevent.

This is the most stupid idea I've ever heard anyone on this list seriously
advocate in all the years I've been participating. It's on the intellectual
level of a 12 year old.

You really need to read up on this history of this sort of thing before you
put your fingers on the keyboard. And while you're reading up on it, also
read up on the philosophy of liberalism (start with David Hume) to
understand why nobody has the right to do this sort of thing to others,
whatever 'systems' are put in place.

Bob